Why the need for these plans?
Other than my recent focus on feature parity my development has been really unstructured. I want to treat DMUX more like a professional project rather than just my hobby. The major reason for this mentality shift is I would really like to have the project done, after two years of working on it. I want to see a light at the end of the tunnel and I want to have others play the game I made, as such the game needs to be in a playable state as soon as possible. I will try my best to uphold these deadlines.
- Game is networked
- People can join and drive around with each other online
- Basic chat functionality
- Stats of cars are applied physically
- Feature parity is accomplished
- The account system should be implemented, accounts do not need to be made automatically
- Weapons are added to cars, other players can view what the weapon is aimed at
- Radio is fully functional
- Introduction of basic online combat, weapons can be fired
- Weapon stats are applied
- Cars are capable of destroying each other
- Players have health
- The introduction of game modes, capture the flag, death match, and team death match should be implemented
- Game lobbies are implemented
- Port all assets to use physically based rendering
- Write some plans for DMUX universe, which should be developed in 2018
- Someone should be able to make an account via a website
- Online payment methods should be implemented and tested
- Publish the needed infrastructure needed for people to play the game
- Announce the first alpha testing of the game
- Try to get people to test the game
- Package the game for .rpm and try to get as many packages as possible
- Begin process of entering the GNU/Linux repositories
- Pat myself on the back
- Bug fixes, and clean up things I see fit at this time
- Review community feedback (if any)
What will be done at each milestone
- A blog post will be written with an elaborated description of what I did. If there is a free software that does voice to text I might just use that while I narrate the video.
- Make a video that shows the newly made features. These videos will be on this blog as well as on my mediagoblin profile.